Ignite Training Solutions offer bespoke and tailored packages to support organisations in managing challenging and unpredictable behaviour in children and young people.
We will deliver to your teams the knowledge, understanding and tools to enable them to improve their practice, keep themselves and others safe whilst dealing with difficult and challenging situations and have improved confidence in their ability to keep themselves and others safe.
The training team are all qualified instructors in:
- NFPS Level 3 PMVA / Physical Restraint / Physical Intervention & Breakaway / Disengagement Instructor Accreditation.
- BTEC Level 3 Award Physical Restraint Instructors
- Handcuff/Soft cuff instructors
The team at Ignite have over 50 years’ experience working with children within a secure setting and have combined their knowledge and skills to assist organisations in their restraint and physical intervention needs.
We are passionate in providing the highest standards of training, care and education in a safe, structured and positive environment. We thrive to ensure that each person who utilises our training is supported and are encouraged to reach their potential.
We want to work with you, your organisation and your staff teams on a personal level and to provide tools in order for you to thrive within the industry and provide the best possible outcomes for the children and young people.
Our core values are:-
These values will be the basis of our training and will be evident in our approach to supporting you and your staff teams in the safe physical intervention principles that we deliver.
It is the duty of every employer to provide a safe working environment for all their employees. This includes providing training elements that are relevant to their roles. Failure to do so can be a breach of the Health and safety at work Act. We endeavour to help organisations further understand their obligations and how this affects their training requirements.
We understand that all organisations have different needs regarding the children and young people they care for.
Ignite Training Solutions will be happy to discuss your individual needs and provide a tailored training package.
What do we provide?
- 1 x Day Breakaway & Disengagement training.
- 2 x Day Breakaway, disengagement, restraint and physical Intervention training.
- Diffusion and de-escalation packages.
- Understanding and knowledge on health and safety around physical interventions.
- Basic law around the use of force.
- Training and awareness on Positional Asphyxia and excited delirium.
- Ligature training – including support on removal and use of the various ligature tools.
- Bespoke and tailored training packages to meet the individual needs of organisations.
- Refresher training
Higher level techniques
We do also offer some higher-level techniques to be used in extreme circumstances. When there is a significant risk of harm or assault or there is no other way to safely manage a child or young person’s behaviour. Your organisations policies and procedures regarding restrictive practices and physical intervention should bear an understanding of when these techniques can be utilised.
We can assist in completing risk assessments and policies regarding behaviour management and physical intervention/restraint.
How will your organisation benefit from the training we provide?
- Staff and managers will understand the Health and Safety requirements when working with children and young people and the implications of not having the relevant training in place.
- Understand the basic law regarding the use of force.
- Understanding of the Duty of Care under Health and Safety Legislation – Towards staff and the children and young people.
- Low-Level – Breakaway & Disengagement Techniques
- Higher-Level – Breakaway & Disengagement Techniques
- Low Level – Non-Harmful Methods of Control
- Higher Level and Other Technique Options
- Restrictive practices – Staff will be trained in medically audited physical intervention techniques.
- Safer working environment
- Safer environment for the children and young people.
- Teams will be able to manage situations more effectively in the early stages due to increased knowledge and understanding of triggers, diffusion techniques etc
- Happier and more motivated workforce.
Your staff will be required to complete a workbook as they complete their training to evidence their understanding and competence.
Depending on the package you choose, staff will be assessed on their competence in completing the techniques shown.
Certificates will then be awarded on completion of the training. This training can be part of CPD/ Social Care Wales training requirements.
Trainees will be required to complete medical questionnaires prior to completing the physical aspect of the training.